Ensuring to have a clean and a well looked after windshield is essential on your safety on the road. A dirty windshield could impact your visibility a bit which make driving unsafe.
A damaged windshield is something you can’t ignore for your windshield account about 45% of the vehicles structural integrity when front-end collision happens and about 60% for a rollover accident. Small cracks and chips should be fixed immediately to avoid the crack to expand across your windshield not just because it is cheaper to have it than replacing the entire windshield but also for your safety on the road.
How to Care Your Windshield Properly
- Here are some tips to ensure that your windshield is in the best shape to protect you from anything that comes on your way on your everyday commute and also from the weather.
- Clean your windshield every other day, it will only take a few minutes because dirt builds up on your windshield gradually and could prevent you from seeing clearly even if sometimes you don’t realize it. Use a glass cleaner and towel for its exterior and microfiber cloth for the inside. To give them a little more shine, add a little bit of white vinegar.
- Check your wipers regularly to ensure they are in good shape. Dirty and squeaky wipers can easily result to scratches on your windshield and later to develop into serious cracks. Cleaning with That’s Clean Maids your wipers can take you just a few minutes and not cleaning wipers regularly might make you replace it more often.
- While cleaning, examine your windshield if there were signs of cracks and take care of it immediately if there are any. Even a slight chip can turn into a huge crack over time which could lead you to replace the whole windshield.
- It is always smart to keep a distance on the vehicle on your front as a precaution especially on delivery trucks that sometimes you can see on their bumpers a sign of precaution.
- Park your car inside a garage or under a carport to protect your windshield and your car just in case of unexpected weather change or a fallen branch of a tree.
- Do not clean or wash auto glass when it is hot. Heat could put a lot of pressure on your car’s windshield making it prone to crack or other similar damage. If the water you applied will result to strong temperature fluctuation, it can lead to a cracked windshield.
- Ensure that the level of your washer fluid is normal all the time, you will never know when you will be needing it. Keeping the reservoir full is also the best thing to do to keep the windshield washerpump from breaking.
In an unlucky case when you are in a wreck, your number one built-in defense mechanism inside your vehicle is your windshield, ensuring that it is in the best condition is a way to prevent it from unnecessary shattering.